Pension after 10 Years of service in Indian Air Force

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Pension after 10 Years of service in Indian Air Force

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Uday Singh

Dear Sir,

I had taken discharge from Indian Air Force after serving 12 yrs & 4 months on 14 May 2007 : “At own request before fulfilling the conditions of his enrollment” on COMPASSIONATE GROUND.

Total service :
      Regular : 27.12.1994 to 14.05.2007= 12 years 4 months
      Reserve : 15.05.2007 to 14.05.2009 = 2 years

As qualifying service for pension in Indian air Force is 15 years for men, hence I am not getting any pension & not any medical benefits & as per discharge certificate I do not belongs to ex servicemen category also, as I do not get any pension.

However, I have came to know through the pensioner portal & recommendation of 6th pay commission that a central government servant is entitled to receive pension on completion of at least 10 years of service.

Requested to suggest if my case can be considered for pension benefit as per the above criteria of 10 years service.

Thanks & Regards,
      Uday Kumar Singh
      Ex Corporal
      Indian Air Force

Please note that the pension rules applicable to the Central Government servants (civilians) are different and they are governed by the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972. But, these rules are not applicable to the defence personnel, who are governed by different rules. [See, para 1.1 of the FAQs for Pension Policy for Central Civil Services.]. It is true that Rule 49 of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972, states that pension may be payable after 10 years of service, however, these rules are not applicable to personnel of the Indian Air Force, as pointed out above.

Personnel of the Indian Air Force are governed by different pension rules. Please see the Pensioner’s Handbook For Airmen and NCs (E). As per this Handbook, for Service Pension, the minimum qualifying service is 15 years for Airmen and 20 years for NCs(E).

However, you may please request the concerned department for further confirmation on this issue.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Family Pension - will standard deduction under Salary be separately available?
Sanction Gratuity & Pension to the Govt Officials convicted in ACB cases
family pension deduction u/s 57(iia) of Income Tax Act
Family pension for son of deceased