OBC-NCL criteria for PSU employee's son

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Constitutional Law OBC-NCL criteria for PSU employee's son

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      San Si

Sir,
      My father works in Public Sector Unit (SAIL) at a post of ‘Section Officer’ (S11 grade). At the age of 40 yrs my fathers grade was S7. My father joined the organisation as Non-Executive (S3 grade) and still is Non-ex. However, his current salary is more than 8 lac per annum. Am I eligible for OBC-NCL category? If yes, then what are the documents that are required to get OBC-NCL certificate.
      Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Samar

It appears that the DoPT (Department of Personnel & Training) website as well as the NCBC (National Commission for Backward Classes) website do not contain up to date information on the creamy layer.

The relevant information is available here on these websites that may be helpful to you in this regard:

Also see this recent news report as per which the Government had  expanded the ambit of ‘creamy layer’ to include certain posts in PSUs and public sector financial institutions, thus barring these officials and their kin from claiming reservation benefits under the OBC category.

Since these guidelines keep changing from time to time, and since up to date information is not available online, it is advisable for you to contact the concerned authorities (may be by RTI application) to get clarification about your status.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Constitutional Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.