Need advice in understanding the outcomes of a case

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Need advice in understanding the outcomes of a case

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Akr 123

One of my friend was caught by ACB trap case and was charged on section 7 of Prevention of Corruption Act,1988.
      His superior demanded the bribe to a contractor for doing some official work, when the contractor came to office to give bribe his superior was not available so upon calling to his mobile he requested to give the money to my friend who was in office and told him to keep it in a safe place until he reach the office.
      As soon he took the money the ACB officials came and took him into custody along with his superior, the police have all the recordings showing that the superior was the only one who demanded the bribe and told the contractor to give the money to my friend.
      In this case, will my friend be punished and what will be the outcome and what about my friends job and career. Will be much happy to hear from you.

If what you have mentioned is factually correct, then your friend may not have been involved in the offence. He might not have been aware that the amount was a bribe. In such a case, he may not get conviction, even if he is charge sheeted. If the facts are correct, the ACB may even make your friend a witness against the superior.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.