Maintenance case filed by my wife against me

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Family Law Maintenance case filed by my wife against me


This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 8 months ago.

  • Author
  • #3446

    I am a PhD student getting a stipend of 25000/- from institute and live in hostel only.
    My wife has filed a maintenance case of rs. 1,05,000/- stating that she earns only 19,500/- and has many expenses as she lives in gurgaon in rented apartment.
    I am not getting any stipend after august 2016.
    what all proof should I submit in the family court in support of my low income, dependence of my parents on me, and she is earning which is more than sufficient for her.
    also, I have taken too many loans which I am suppose to repay as around rs.40000 per month emi.
    please help.

  • #3448

    Whatever you have stated in your question can be stated in your reply to the court, along with appropriate documents to support the same. Submit details of your stipend, the fact of your being a student living in hostel, details of income of your parents to show that they are dependent on you, your monthly payments, etc. Also give evidence about the income of your wife, if you have any such evidence which contradicts her statement. If you give sufficient evidence in your support, the court may consider the same appropriately.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments

[Note: These Facebook Comments are not monitored by Forum Editor. Hence, they may not be replied to. If you want to ask a free legal question, click here.]