LIMITATION FOR MUTATION

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law LIMITATION FOR MUTATION

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Sir,
      is there any limitation for mutation of revenue records such as change of owners name in the revenue records in Andhra Pradesh ….?
      REGARDS
      KS REDDY

As far as I understand there is no time limitation for mutation. However, you should check it from the relevant laws / rules applicable in your state, i.e., Andhra Pradesh, as to whether they lay down any such limitation period. Visit the local Tehsildar office in you area, if needed. I am not aware of local laws in your state.

At the same time, it is generally advisable to get the mutation made within a reasonable time, specially, with regard to transfer of agricultural land. Certain rights, such as those of “Pattadar”, may be dependent on entry of the owner’s name in revenue records through mutation.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

What happens if the limitation period to report an offence has expired?
Validity of Appeal period in a divorce case
What is limitation to file appeal against the high court order on bail in SC?
Limitation for appeal in High Court against acquittal of accused by Sessions Court?