I want to apply passport, being an accused, case is under hearing and not started

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law I want to apply passport, being an accused, case is under hearing and not started

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am an accused under IPC 420,467’465,471,34. I paid the banks entire money. Charges framed. I am presented all the dated in court. Hearing still not started.

As I have pointed out in my answer (Can a person get passport during pendency of criminal case?), it is possible to get passport even if a criminal case is pending in a court in India. What you need to do is to obtain permission from the court where the criminal case is pending and then apply for the passport along with such permission granted by the court. Please read the above answer for more details.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

FIR with IPC 337
Passport - can two passports be held legally in India?
grant of NOC for passport for Govt employee facing disciplinary proceedings
HOLDING TWO INDIAN PASSPORTS