Husband again harassing after 498A IPC FIR quashed on compromise

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Husband again harassing after 498A IPC FIR quashed on compromise

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I had earlier filed an FIR under Section 498A of IPC against my husband since he regularly used to harass me and beat me. After that he apologised and promised to behave properly, due to which I agreed for the quashing of the FIR. He got the FIR quashed from the High Court when I agreed to the same before the High Court. After that I started living with him again in his house. But within a period of two months only he has again started harassing me and he regularly abuses me and beats me. What can I do in such situation, as it has become difficult to live with him? How I can teach him a lesson?

On the basis of the fresh incidents, you can file complaint with the police under Section 498-A of IPC and other appropriate sections of IPC.

In case you are planning to live separately from him, you have the option of filing an application under Section 125 of the Cr.P.C. for seeking maintenance. If needed, you can file an appropriate application / complaint under the provisions of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act. If you have decided to finally part way with your husband, you may have to consider divorce petition, either on mutual consent basis or on your own.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

How to recall NBWA issued against accused after his last non-appearance?
Is it possible to file 498A IPC case with police if S. 125 CrPC already pending?
Can documents be presented in Defence evidence without getting cross-examined
False 498a ,506 cases on NRIs with Indian passport