How to prove my innocence against false allegations of sexual harassment

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law How to prove my innocence against false allegations of sexual harassment

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Sir i have given one of my female friend 2 lakh rupees..now whenever i asked her for my money she always refuses…last time when i asked her for my money she says that if i ask for my money she would allege false allegations of sexual harassment against me…how can i protect myself from such case n prove my innocence…

Record the conversation when she threatens you by saying that she would file a case of sexual harassment against you if you demand return of money. If she threatens regularly but does not get the case registered, that would give an indication of her intent. If you get such evidence, you may report it to the police; that again would show that you were being threatened for a specific motive.

Above recording may help you in showing your innocence. Rest will depend on what type of allegation is made ultimately against you and what type of supporting evidence is available with her to support the allegation against you.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Suicide, Abetment and Attempt to Suicide
what is equivalent of innocence till proven guilty mandate/dictum in india?
sign on blank 50rs stamp paper in 2013
No call details record of complainant in the FIR/ charge sheet