How to find out status of SLP in Supreme Court?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Constitutional Law How to find out status of SLP in Supreme Court?

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have filed a Special Leave Petition – SLP – in the Supreme Court through my advocate on record. This SLP is now pending for last about 5 years. I don’t get the latest status of this SLP on time. When I try to talk to my advocate on record, he generally says that he would let me know if there is a change in position of SLP. But, he rarely tells me. Is there any easy way to check the status of my SLP online on the website? Can a petitioner check it openly or any password is required?

Yes, the information about the current status of all cases filed in the Supreme Court (including an SLP) is easily available online. You can check the status of your SLP online at any time, without any password. This information is available online to the public at large; any person can access this information even if he has not filed a case in the Supreme Court.

Online information about the disposed of and pending cases in the Supreme Court can be accessed at the following link:

http://courtnic.nic.in/supremecourt/casestatus_new/caseno_new_alt.asp

Visit this website and from the left-side vertical menu bar, select the criterion on the basis of which you want to find your case, such as the Case No., Title of the parties (such as petitioner or respondent), Advocate name, High Court Case No. (against which SLP / appeal has been filed in the Supreme Court) or Diary No. For example, if you know your Case No., then select it and on the next page, select Case Type (i.e., whether it is SLP Civil or SLP Criminal, Writ Petition Civil, etc.), Case No. and Case Year, and click the Submit button. You should get the full details of your case, including the daily orders that have been passed in your case. You can download copies of these orders that might have been passed in your case. The next date in your case is also displayed on this case status page. It is all free.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Constitutional Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Dairy case no.4766/2020 filed on dated 5-2-2020 in SC, remarks shows defective matter
Do Benefit of court order limited to the concerned person
Riyaz Ahmad Sheikh vs State Jammu Kashmir (diary no 1269/2020)
Civil matter related case query.