how to file Private complaint as an Individual

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law how to file Private complaint as an Individual

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aravind

I have a case of Harassment,willful defamation which is not being accepted by any lawyer & i did write to judge/bar council president , Public prosecutor & no help is being provided how can i file a private complaint with the evidence i have

Study the relevant legal provisions (such as the relevant sections in IPC which relate to offences alleged by you) which are available free on the Internet. See the format of a private complaint, again available free on the Internet. It will generally be in ordinary common-sense language. If needed, you can visit the local Magistrate court to get some draft format. Draft your private complaint in such format, mentioning the relevant facts in detail, and trying to show how the main ingredients of the offences alleged by you are satisfied. File this complaint in the Magistrate court having jurisdiction. Filing a private complaint case is not at all a difficult task.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Improper investigation u/s 156(3) by police and judge dismissing the application
Who takes cognizance of a non-cognizable offence in a rural village or town?
How to compromise a case of assault on police (353) and non-obedience of order?
How can I obtain copies of Case Diary from police of investigation done in FIR?