How to expedite domestic violence case?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Family Law How to expedite domestic violence case?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am having a domestic violence case against my husband, which is now pending for 3 years in Magistrate court. Only dates are being given and nothing else happens. My application to expedite the case also had no success. What should I do to expedite teh case?

The main problem with the judicial system in India is that there is a large pendency of cases and the number of judges required to dispose of these case is not sufficient. Due to this a large number of cases remain pending for long periods of time. The problem that is being faced by you is also faced by most of the litigants who all want to expedite their cases. So, while you can try to get your case expedited, it will ultimately depend on the pendency before the court where your case is pending. It is not always necessary that the court will be able to expedite your case on your request.

At the same time, if you have some peculiar difficulties and hardships being faced by you, you can bring the same to the notice of the court with the request to expedite your case.

In an exceptional situation, you may also try to approach the high court of your state under section 482 of the Criminal Procedure Code with the request to direct the concerned Court to expedite your case and complete it in a time bound manner. Though the High Court may not always agree to entertain such application, if it does so it may give a direction to the concerned Court to complete your case in a time bound manner. Of course approaching the high court will entail further expenses.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Family Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Act in defence of collective domestic violence reported as violence
Refiling of DV after its dismissal
case u/s 12 (1) r/w 17,18,19,20, 21 & 22 of PWDVA of 2005
Maintenance and Loss of Earnings