How to change the court if the judge is biased or corrupt

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others How to change the court if the judge is biased or corrupt

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

In my case, I have continuously noticed that the judge is biased completely in favour of the opposite party and it appears that he may even be corrupt. How can I change the court?

In such situation, where you have reasons to believe that the judge is not impartial or is biased, etc., while dealing with your case, you may make an application before the District Judge (if it is a civil case) or before the Sessions Judge (if it is a criminal case) for transferring your case from that judge to another judge under him, who may be competent to handle the case. The Civil Procedure Code and the Criminal Procedure Code, both have sufficient provisions for such transfer powers in civil cases and criminal cases, respectively.

Moreover, if you have full proof of the bias and/or corruption of the judge concerned, you may also file a complaint with the high court (may be, perhaps with the vigilance wing of the high court, please check in your state).

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.