How long Supreme Court takes to grant stay on transfer petition in divorce case

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Family Law How long Supreme Court takes to grant stay on transfer petition in divorce case

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have filed a transfer petition in the Supreme Court for transfer of the divorce case from a court in Rajasthan, to a court in Madhya Pradesh. This divorce petition has been filed by my husband in Rajasthan. It has still been not listed for hearing in the Supreme Court. How long the Supreme Court will take to grant stay on the proceedings in that divorce case pending against the me in Rajasthan?

Once you have (or your advocate on record) filed the transfer petition in the Supreme Court and have also removed the filing defects, if any, then such transfer petition is regularly registered by giving it a proper number. Thereafter, usually it will take about 10 days to get listed before the judges. The transfer petition filed by you is on behalf of a woman, and usually the Supreme Court is liberal in favour of the women. Therefore, there are good chances that on the very first date of listing before the judges, a notice may be issued to the opposite party and stay may be granted on the proceedings in the divorce case filed by your husband.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Family Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

DIVORCE DECREE UNDER HMA FROM DISTRICT COURT
How to get Divorce Certificate (Orders) online
Validity of Appeal period in a divorce case
Divorce in India for Australian Citizen