Grand daughter can raise grandfathers property demand on behalf of father

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Property Law Grand daughter can raise grandfathers property demand on behalf of father

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

My grandfather has 4 sons and 3 daughters . Each son got one house each except my father because of avoiding and dumb nature. My father cant raise voice against my grandfather and my father is the elder son among all and he haven’t received any pary of property and we are 2 daughters and one son for my father for surviving our future we need our grandfathets property should i raise property demand against my father?

You have not clarified whether these properties of your grandfather are his self-acquired properties. If so, during his life-time, your grandfather has legal right to dispose of the self-acquired properties in whatever way he likes. There is no legal restriction on that.

At the same time, while you may not have a legal remedy in such situation, you can definitely speak to your grandfather and convince him of the need to give some property to your father also, keeping in view the future needs of you and your brother/sister.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Property Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.