Getting back family pension stopped due to non-submission of life certificate

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Getting back family pension stopped due to non-submission of life certificate

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

My father was a central government pensioner. After his death, my mother started getting family pension. Due to lack of knowledge of the legal formalities, she did not submit her life certificate in time, due to which her family pension is not being credited in the bank for last 3-4 months. The bank people are least cooperative even though we complained to them. What can be done to revive the family pension and also to get back the arrears of family pension which was not paid to us due to non-submission of the life certificate of my mother?

As per the instructions, life certificate is required to be submitted in the month of November every year to keep getting pension or family pension. If the life certificate is not submitted in November, family pension may be stopped.

However, the life certificate can be submitted subsequently, if not submitted in November, and thereafter the family pension may be resumed and you may also get the arrears. For any doubt or clarification, contract the branch of the bank wherein your family pension is paid.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Family Pension - will standard deduction under Salary be separately available?
Sanction Gratuity & Pension to the Govt Officials convicted in ACB cases
family pension deduction u/s 57(iia) of Income Tax Act
Family pension for son of deceased