Forgot to pay TDS on Income Tax which was deducted 9 months back

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Taxation Laws Forgot to pay TDS on Income Tax which was deducted 9 months back


This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

  • Author
  • #2439


    We had deducted Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) from the professional fee paid to a lawyer about 9 months back. However, we forgot to deposit this TDS and also forgot to include this TDS amount in our TDS return for that quarter. What should be done now?

  • #2447

    If some TDS amount was deducted but not deposited on time, then you may deposit this TDS amount now along with the applicable interest and penalty, if any.

    Further, you may revise the TDS Return for the relevant quarter after paying this TDS, if such Return had already been filed.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments

[Note: These Facebook Comments are not monitored by Forum Editor. Hence, they may not be replied to. If you want to ask a free legal question, click here.]