Fir in my name in section 420,467,468,406 chargsheet not filed since ten month

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Fir in my name in section 420,467,468,406 chargsheet not filed since ten month

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Sir fir filed in section 420,467,468,406 since last ten months chargsheet is ready but not yet filed if chargsheet is field is immediately arrest is their,second I think section 467 and 468 has,been removed in chargsheet after inquiry of investigating officer is immediate arrest possible or what can I do for bail

Arrest is not mandatory. If the police has not arrested you so far during the investigation, then at the time of filing charge sheet, generally speaking the police will ask you to be present in court directly at the time of filing / consideration of charge sheet, at which time the court may generally grant you bail. However, this is what is general practice, and there may be some variance from this practice in an individual case.

If you want to get bail before arrest, then you can try anticipatory bail which can be granted by the Sessions Court or the High Court under Section 438 Cr.P.C.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.