False statement by wife in domestic violence case

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Family Law False statement by wife in domestic violence case

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

In a domestic violence case filed against me by my wife, I have proof to show that she has given false statement. Can I take action against her for making such false statement in court? What action can I take and where?

Making a false statement in court amounts to the offence perjury, which may be punishable under relevant sections of IPC (such as under Section 193 IPC or similar other applicable section).

You can file an application in the Magistrate court which is hearing the domestic violence case where such false statement has been made by your wife, to initiate action against her under Section 340 Cr.P.C. for the offence of perjury.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Family Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Procedure to initiate IPC 177
anticipatory bail granted by high court on application which concealed material facts
Case u/s 191, 193, 199, 209 IPC for false statement by wife
Actions against person who has given wrong/false statements in Court