False statement by wife in domestic violence case

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Family Law False statement by wife in domestic violence case


This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

  • Author
  • #2859


    In a domestic violence case filed against me by my wife, I have proof to show that she has given false statement. Can I take action against her for making such false statement in court? What action can I take and where?

  • #2876

    Making a false statement in court amounts to the offence perjury, which may be punishable under relevant sections of IPC (such as under Section 193 IPC or similar other applicable section).

    You can file an application in the Magistrate court which is hearing the domestic violence case where such false statement has been made by your wife, to initiate action against her under Section 340 Cr.P.C. for the offence of perjury.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments

[Note: These Facebook Comments are not monitored by Forum Editor. Hence, they may not be replied to. If you want to ask a free legal question, click here.]