EXPERT IN CRIMINAL LAW AND HELP NEEDY PERSONS

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law EXPERT IN CRIMINAL LAW AND HELP NEEDY PERSONS

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ANILKUMAR

FIRST OF ALL I WILL THANKS FOR DOING SUCH A GOOD WORK BY THE WAY OF ONLINE HELPING THE NEEDY PERSONS.

SIR, I AM 2ND YEAR OF LLB 3YRS STUDENT FROM MUMBAI. AND I WANT TO BE A GOOD CRIMINAL LAWYER. I WANT YOUR HELP TO TELL ME A GOOD BOOKS WHICH TOTALLY DEALS WITH CRIMINAL LAW. AND PLEASE TELL SUCH BOOKS WHICH COVERS PRACTICALLY QUESTIONS OF CRIMINAL LAW AS SUCH IN YOUR FORUMS.
      THANKS IN ADVANCE

Usually, good books are prescribed in the syllabus of the LL.B. examination by the University. Unfortunately, many students would read only the shortcut books or question-answer series.

Books mentioned in the syllabus are generally mentioned on the recommendation of the experts in the subjects concerned. They are recommended on the basis of what is required at the level of students. Such lists usually also include reference books if someone wants to study additional books beyond the recommended books.

Please consult your syllabus and study those books.

In addition, you can start reading judgments of the Supreme Court on important issues, if you want to learn more in detail. You can also read quality articles in the legal journals and online websites, which have been written by experts in the concerned subjects. You can get plenty of these articles free on the Internet.

One gains expertise with experience over time. But, reading good material can help you sharpen your skills. Shortcut methods can only help pass the examination but may not add much to the knowledge and understanding.

It is heartening to note that you are interested in acquiring real knowledge of law, instead of merely passing the examination. Wishing you all the best.

Here is a list of some good books on criminal laws:

Indian Penal Code:

• Penal Law of India by Dr. Hari Singh Gaur
      • Indian Penal Code by Rattan Lal Dhiraj Lal

Criminal Procedure Code:

• Criminal Procedure Code by Rattan Lal Dhiraj Lal
      • Sohoni’s Criminal Procedure Code (5 Volumes)
      • Criminal Procedure by C.K. Takker ‘Takwani’

Evidence Act:

• Law of Evidence by Rattan Lal Dhiraj Lal
      • Law of Evidence by Avatar Singh
      • Law of Evidence in India by M.C. Sarkar

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.