Exact status of case after dismissal as with full satisfaction in false case

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law Exact status of case after dismissal as with full satisfaction in false case

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      SHARMA

My mother filed a false recovery case for Rs. 26.00 Lacs, pretending as pauper/indigent lady. Anyhow we replied and showed that she is getting pension & having agriculture land. After some months she changed the advocate assigned by Free Legal Services and hired a senior lawyer and on asking she paid the Rs. 26,000/- for Rs. 10.00 Lacs. Now on the Court site it shows that the case is dismissed but in reality my lawyer told me that case will be continue. Even the civil case was not in the hearing list on fixed date.

I want to know that what is the exact status of this case after depositing the Rs. 26,000/- just for Rs. 10.00 Lacs as recovery amount? Will Court change the nature of case or my mother have to file a new suit for recovery? Will Court send us fresh summons against? A detailed suggestion will be appreciated.

Such types of questions are based on facts and only a person who knows the full facts of the case would be in a position to answer them. Why don’t you ask these questions in detail from your advocate if you have already engaged him professionally? Whether the case has been dismissed or will continue, has to be checked from the court records. Whether the civil case is in the hearing list on fixed date or some other date is given, has to be ascertained by your advocate from the court records. Likewise, the exact status of the case can only be found from the court records. How are we supposed to know all these things? Please ask such questions from your advocate or check from the court yourself.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.