Employer not paying for all duties performed by employee

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Employer not paying for all duties performed by employee

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Sir, I was working with an organization where i was paid per duty (I usually have 12 duties a month). One of the other employees went on leave due to some medical problem, so I was asked to do extra duties for her. Before beginning with the duties, I had already asked my employer how would the payment be given to me. My employer informed me that I would be paid accordingly for the extra number of duties. Today, when I received my pay cheque, I did not get any extra amount for the extra duties that I had done. What relief do I have against such an employer who is not paying up my salary? I am even anticipating to leave the job, so i can go to any extent.

You have not mentioned in your question as to what is the nature of business / profession / activities of your organisation and what is the nature of your job.

Anyway, in general, in the absence of full details, I can only say that you may have to approach the labour officer in your area with your complaint.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.