District Consumer Forum

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Consumer Laws District Consumer Forum

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Can alternative prayer be considered at final stage by judge ?
      and
      I wanted to not press one of the prayer clause in my case at the time of final stage.
      Kindly help sir.

It appears that your present question is in continuation of your previous question. So, if your purpose is not to press a specific prayer (say, for compensation or for interest) in order to try to bring it within the jurisdiction of the District Consumer Forum, then I think you can try that. In fact, you may offer to amend your consumer complaint formally, if the consumer court permits you. This may perhaps help you to bring it within the pecuniary jurisdiction of the District Consumer Court of Rs. 20 lakh.

In the worst situation, if the court does not permit you to do so, then you may have to approach the State Commission if the value of the claim in your consumer complaint is found to be beyond the jurisdiction of the District Consumer Forum.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Consumer Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.