District Consumer Forum

Ask Legal Question (Free) Forums Consumer Laws District Consumer Forum

Ask a New Legal Question (Free)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

  • Author
  • #1756

    Can alternative prayer be considered at final stage by judge ?
    I wanted to not press one of the prayer clause in my case at the time of final stage.
    Kindly help sir.

  • #1758

    It appears that your present question is in continuation of your previous question. So, if your purpose is not to press a specific prayer (say, for compensation or for interest) in order to try to bring it within the jurisdiction of the District Consumer Forum, then I think you can try that. In fact, you may offer to amend your consumer complaint formally, if the consumer court permits you. This may perhaps help you to bring it within the pecuniary jurisdiction of the District Consumer Court of Rs. 20 lakh.

    In the worst situation, if the court does not permit you to do so, then you may have to approach the State Commission if the value of the claim in your consumer complaint is found to be beyond the jurisdiction of the District Consumer Forum.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments

[Note: These Facebook Comments are not monitored by Forum Editor. Hence, they may not be replied to. If you want to ask a free legal question, click here.]