Dismissed from Govt service, how to get back original documents?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Dismissed from Govt service, how to get back original documents?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I joined a government service in 2015. I have been dismissed from service in 2017 before completion of my 2 year probation period. However, my original documents are still with the Government and they have not returned them. How to get the documents back or should I apply for duplicate documents from the concerned institutions?

The original documents that are taken by the Government at the time of initial appointment, are returned after verification. So, if you request the Government, such original documents would be returned to you.

The only exception perhaps can be where the Government suspects that these original documents are forged or fake documents, in which case the original documents may be required for the purpose of further investigation and necessary action as per law. In fact, you have mentioned that you have been dismissed from the service, but you have not clarified on what grounds you were dismissed from service by the Government. Was this dismissal on account of any forged documents submitted by you? If yes, then such original documents may not perhaps be returned to you since they may be needed for further investigation.

If this is not the case, then generally speaking, the Government would return your original documents on your request, if it has not done so already.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.