Crpc 154 156 under ipc 420 467 468

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Crpc 154 156 under ipc 420 467 468

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My brother in laws have submitted forged will in nclt Delhi when she asked for transmission of shares on death of her father . I got questioned signatures on this purported will examined with admitted sign on various documents filed with mca website and pvt reputed handwriting document examiner has opinioned questioned sign are not of person who wrote admitted sign . I have made written complaint to concerned police station through advocate .is police bound to conduct prelim enquiry ? I have also written to acp . If not after how many days I should approach court in 156 -3 crpc . Can magistrate refuse ? Remedy for me … is it pvt complaint under sec 190 200 crpc ?
      How shall I go about . Presently my complaint is shown as pending in Delhi police website

The questions asked by you are mostly answered in the following replies given previously by me to similar questions:

Please read them. With regard to another part of your question, the Magistrate may refuse to direct investigation by police under Section 156(3) of Cr.P.C. if he finds that no cognizable offence is made out or if he wants to proceed directly with your complaint as private complaint under Section 190 Cr.P.C. by taking cognizance of it. In case of complete refusal, you have the option to challenge it before the high court under Section 482 of the Cr.P.C. In case the magistrate agrees to take cognizance under Section 190 Cr.P.C. [but refuses under Section 156(3)], that should be alright and you may proceed with it as a private complaint through your advocate.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Prelim enquiry should normally be completed in 15 days time . It means I have to go under sec 156-3 after 15 days . And instead of 156-3 if he adopts 190 -20o route
      It should be fine with me .

Thanks for your well defined answer

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Improper investigation u/s 156(3) by police and judge dismissing the application
Who takes cognizance of a non-cognizable offence in a rural village or town?
How to compromise a case of assault on police (353) and non-obedience of order?
How can I obtain copies of Case Diary from police of investigation done in FIR?