CHEQUE BOUNCE

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      adarsh js

Sir,
      I have been transferred from Delhi to Bangalore. I have cancelled my flat due to delay in submission of the project. They issued me a cheque and I present the same in Delhi where i hold the account. Further the cheque has been dishonored.
      Sir, my humble question to you is that after transferring my savings account to Bangalore can i again present the cheque after a span of 01 month. I the cheque again got bounced and I have not issued any notice to the builder in my initial cheque bounce then where should i file a criminal case after giving notice to the builder.
      Eagerly waiting for your answer.

If the cheque is still valid, then it can be presented second time. And, if it bounces again on second presentation, then you can issue the statutory notice under Section 138 and file the case if the payment is not made even after notice.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

adarsh js

Sir
      Thanking you for the reply. But the doubt in my mind is that, initially the cheque has been deposited in Delhi as i was holding the account there and the cheque got dishonored. Here I didn’t issued statutory notice.

Now i have been transferred from Delhi to Bangalore. Before presenting the cheque for the second time i want to transfer my savings account to Bangalore. In the cheque my account no is also mentioned.

So my question is after transfer of my account from Delhi to Bangalore, I again will present the cheque in Bangalore. In that case if the cheque again got bounce and after issuance of statutory notice where should i file a case (IN Bangalore or In Delhi).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.