Case not listed after first hearing in Allahabad High Court

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Case not listed after first hearing in Allahabad High Court

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Sir i have been filed an application under section 482 of CRPC for quashing of chargesheet on 25/01/2018. The first hearing has been scheduled on 30/01/2018 on that day hon,ble highcourt ordered cbi file counter affidavit within four weeks. But after that about 5 months has been past. There is no counter affidavit has been filed by cbi. There is no hearing happen after that. It is only two time listed after 30.01.2018 but did not come for takeup. So kindly guide me what can I do. My case no is 383 of 2018 at lucknow bench of allahabad highcourt

This usually happens in many courts. Many courts have very lengthy cause lists and the number of cases listed every day is generally large. Due to this, many a time, it is not possible for the court to hear all the matters which have listed for the day. In such a situation, further date is given.

This problem is not specific only in your case, but in many of the cases. You have to be patient since the courts have huge pendencies and there are several vacancies in the posts of judges. Strength of judiciary is not sufficient to deal with the number of cases pending.

However, if your case of an urgent nature, your lawyer can mention the case before the court, whereupon the court may give it an expeditious hearing if it is convinced by the argument of urgency.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.