Case Law On "IP (Internet Protocol) Address cannot be a conclusive evidence"

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Case Law On "IP (Internet Protocol) Address cannot be a conclusive evidence"

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Dear Sir,
      Can you suggest me a latest and most relevant case law of supreme court in which the court have declared that: “IP (Internet Protocol) Address cannot be a conclusive evidence”. I need it to cite on my case.

Generally speaking, an IP address cannot be a conclusive evidence. There may be some odd cases where it may be possible that a single and unique IP address is allocated to a single individual, but even there it may perhaps be necessary to show that no other person had physical access to that IP address. So, it may depend on facts and circumstances of the case concerned. However, as I mentioned above, usually some corroborative evidence would be necessary to support the evidence of IP address.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.