Can high court review its order in a writ petition under Article 226?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Constitutional Law Can high court review its order in a writ petition under Article 226?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Can supreme court review its order in a writ petition under Article 32 on the grounds of principles of natural justice?
      Regards
      KS REDDY

What exactly is your question? Heading of your question asks about review of high court decision under Article 226. On the other hand, the main body of the question asks about review of Supreme Court decision under Article 32 of the Constitution!!!

Do you really have a case for such issue or are asking an academic questions?     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

sir,
      heading mistake was done by me
      supreme court delivered non-speaking order in SLP civil partition matter without giving opportunity to all parties
      what is procedure to file the writ petition/ Review petition or recall petition…?

You’ll have to file a review petition in the Supreme Court.

Please see PART-IV – ORDER XLVII – REVIEW (at page 51) of the Supreme Court Rules, 2013, which is available online at this link. Here, you’ll find the relevant provisions in the Supreme Court Rules about filing a review petition. Else, you may engage an advocate in the Supreme Court for this purpose.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

is there any Limitation…?

It appears that you have not read page 51 of the Supreme Court Rules, the link to which was given by me in my previous reply and I had stated that rules for Review Petitions are given on that page. In the second paragraph itself, on that page, under Review, it is clearly mentioned that the limitation for filing review petition is 30 days. Please read that page.     

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Constitutional Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Dairy case no.4766/2020 filed on dated 5-2-2020 in SC, remarks shows defective matter
Do Benefit of court order limited to the concerned person
Riyaz Ahmad Sheikh vs State Jammu Kashmir (diary no 1269/2020)
Civil matter related case query.