Can a minor get 2 pensions with 2 DAs after death of his both parents?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Can a minor get 2 pensions with 2 DAs after death of his both parents?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jess nigam

Good morning Sir,
      My friend lost his both parents in an event just within 2 months in 2012. They were working as Central govt and state govt employee. Now, the central govt has no issue while the Clerk in the state govt authority office says, he can’t get 2 DAs with the pensions.in fact, the clerk is saying that, he will not get the arrears of final pension, that includes the DA. Is it true?
      Because, there are lots of loans and liabilities upon him which were taken by his parents. How he can pay them..
      Please advice me with correct information.

In so far as the Central Government is concerned, in a recent reply [Family pension on death of both husband and wife], I have already replied that under Rule 54 of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972, children are entitled to get two family pensions (i.e., in respect of their both parents, who were Central Govt servants and died) subject to certain limits and also subject to other normal conditions. Please read the above reply for more details.

As for the State Government, you have to check its rules and other guidelines. In fact, you have not even named the State Government. Check its Pension Rules or other related rules / guidelines. You should not depend on what a clerk is saying. He may not know the full rules, or he may be expecting some illegal gratification for helping you. Go through the relevant rules and if needed, file RTI application to get copies of the relevant guidelines. Since you would be claiming only one family pension from the State Government (the other one coming from the Central Government), most likely there should not be any problem in this regard; however, it has to be confirmed from the rules concerned.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

jess nigam

Thank you so much sir for your quick advice. Actually, I belong to Odisha (Orissa). So, it there any problem.. please guide me.

Thank you so much..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Family Pension - will standard deduction under Salary be separately available?
Sanction Gratuity & Pension to the Govt Officials convicted in ACB cases
family pension deduction u/s 57(iia) of Income Tax Act
Family pension for son of deceased