Blank cheque bounce – liability of person signing when he is no more in company

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Blank cheque bounce – liability of person signing when he is no more in company

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

WE (INCLUDING MY WIFE) WERE 4 DIRECTORS OF A PVT LTD COMPANY (AAPL). ALL WERE SIGNING AUTHORITY OF BANK. ME & MY WIFE ISUUED A BLANK SECURITY CHEQUE OF COMPANY TO OWNER OF A FIRM FROM WHERE WE REGULARLY PURCHASE GOODS IN JULY 15 & TOOK RECIEPT WITH DATE.
      LATER WE BOTH RESIGNED IN JUNE 16. OTHER 2 DIRECTORS ARE RUNNING THE COMPANY.
      OPPOSITE PARTY , WRITING DATE BEFORE OUR RESIGNATION, PRESENTED IN BANK & BOUNCED & AFTER LEGAL NOTICE , FILED CASE AGAINST US UNDER NI ACT 138. THEY DID NOT CONSIDER OUR REPLY OF LEGAL NOTICE.
      RECEIVER OF BLANK SEC CHEQUE IS THE OWNER/PARTNER OF OPPOSITE FIRM ON ONE HAND & DIRECTOR OF OUR COMPANY ON OTHER( SIGNING AUTHORITY OF ISSUED CHQ).
      WHAT SHOULD WE DO NOW ??

It may not be possible to give any definitive opinion in view of complicated facts of the case unless one has seen the detailed papers. Please consult some local lawyer by showing him your papers.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.