Bail During Trial

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      DDN

I am completely new to this web site.
      Is it possible to get a bail during trial i mean after police has submitted the charge sheet.
      If you need more details its here
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dileep_(actor)#Arrest_and_bail_refusal
      What does prima facie mean ?Does this indicate that the person is involved in the cirme ? Is it something that can be cooked up by police ?Does prima facie means there is strong evidence ?

Yes. One can get bail during trial, but it depends on nature and seriousness of the case and also other facts and circumstances of each case which are considered for this purpose. There are millions of cases in which bail is granted during trial.

Prima facie may imply “based on the first impression; accepted as correct until proved otherwise”. With regard to a criminal case, prima facie may imply what appears on the basis of the prosecution evidence if it is accepted as true, without considering the defence at that stage.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

DDN

Thanks a lot for the reply. I guess in these kind of cases (from the news paper and discussion on tv channel) what i hear is police has to submit the charge sheet in 90 days . So you are saying that its possible to submit bail application after 90 days ,right ?

Does “Prima Facie Evidence” before charge sheet is submitted means that judge has already gone into the evidences submitted by police or “prima Facie ” evidence is based on the arugments said by the prosection against the accused. I am not very clear on what all High court judge indicates when they say Prima Facie Evidence

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Circumstances change in a bail order
BAIL AFTER UPHOLDING VERDICT OF TRIAL COURT BY HC
What documents can be procured from court for applying a bail?
Cancellation of Bail by Sessions Court when bail was granted by High Court