Appeal under CCA Rules

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Departmental proceedings were initiated against me in a conspiratory manner. I possess the direct evidences which prove the conspiracy. Such evidences are obtained by me under RTI Act.

Upon culmination of the inquiry I am inflicted with the punishment of Compulsory Retirement. Since I am in dire need of money, I want to receive the benefits of Compulsory Retirement. But, some of my seniors are of the opinion that it will amount to accepting the punishment and forfeiting the right to appeal if I make the application for the settlement of Pensionary Benefits, irrespective of the fact whether the Disciplinary Proceedings were conspiratory in nature or otherwise.

Hence, the learned experts may kindly enlighten me about the course of action to be adopted by me.

I think it should be possible to accept the pension under protest on the ground that you do not have any other means of livelihood, since now you have lost the salary also. You may undertake to repay the pension amount if you win the appeal against compulsory retirement. Even otherwise, merely because you file the appeal against the punishment of compulsory retirement, in the absence of a stay order, the department has to process the pension payment as per its own order of compulsory retirement. The department cannot deprive you of the pension if it due under the rules, as per its own order since the punishment imposed is not dismissal or removal but compulsory retirement wherein pension is admissible.

You have a right to challenge the penalty before the appellate authority or in the appropriate court or tribunal, as the case may be. That right cannot be taken away just because you are accepting the pension under protest.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Thanks a lot sir

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.