Ancestor property sold by using unknown owner is civil matter/ criminial matter?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Ancestor property sold by using unknown owner is civil matter/ criminial matter?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      JD JOSHI

My mother, her three younger sister & one younger brother (total 5 share holder) have ancestor property (agriculture land). But younger brother sold the land to his wife by using four unknown ladies/ fake ladies as geniune owner of our ancestor agriculture land. In 7/12 my mother name is listed. There is no id. proof of seller and purchaser in said sale deed. Two unknow person identify that they all are geniune land owner.
      Now my question is, Is this matter is civil or criminal?

If forgery / cheating has been committed in selling a land, then it may amount to a criminal matter also, in addition to giving rise to a civil case. Therefore, on the basis of the limited facts mentioned by you, it may amount to civil as well as criminal case. However, it may be advisable for you to show your relevant papers to some local lawyer and get accurate advice on the basis of the detailed examination of the facts of your case.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.