Am I eligible for a govt job if a case is pending in court against me ?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Am I eligible for a govt job if a case is pending in court against me ?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Dear Sir,

Am I eligible to join a government job if a case is pending into court under IPC 354, 343 ?

While it is for the concerned authority to take the final call, generally speaking, a pending case under Sections 354, 343 IPC should not come in the way of getting a job. You should, however, declare about the pending criminal case transparently in the relevant columns of the attestation form / police verification form when you are offered a job.

But, after conviction in the criminal case, if any, the competent authority may take action against the government servant concerned, which may generally be removal or dismissal from service in such a case.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.