Adhoc employee working in deemed University

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Adhoc employee working in deemed University

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      micky

Sir
      I am working in a deemed University as a lab technician since 2008 . In the beginning it was a contract for one year . They kept continuing the contract .last contract was of three years .it’s mentioned my status as adhoc . My question is can I file a case for regularisation ? Will it stand in court . I have many other informations regarding job and the university which I can share
      Pls advise
      Many thanks

It is difficult to reply to your question- (1) without actually seeing the appointment orders, (2) without knowing the rules of the University, (3) without knowing on what basis the selection was made for such ad hoc appointment, (4) without knowing whether it was based on some competitive examination, (5) without knowing whether such ad hoc appointment was made in accordance with rules and whether the candidate was eligible and whether other similarly situated eligible candidates were considered, etc.

Generally speaking, ad hoc appointments are considered to be back door entry and courts usually deprecate the regularisation and absorption of persons working on ad hoc basis as it has become a common method of allowing back door entries. But, it all depends on facts of each case.

The answer to your question depends on facts of the case. Please show your relevant documents to some local lawyer and obtain his opinion. Since you appear to be working for a long period of about 9 years, it may go in your favour if other factors are also in your favour.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.