accused of criminal case can get character certificate or not

Ask Legal Question (Free) Forums Criminal Law accused of criminal case can get character certificate or not

Ask a New Legal Question (Free)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 1 year ago.

  • Author
  • #1305

    Sir can I get character certificate from 1 class gazette official when criminal case is on trial.but I have falsely accused of it

  • #1307

    As far as I understand, a character certificate is not given under any specific legal provisions. It is basically at the discretion of the person giving such certificate who gives us certificate on the basis of his personal knowledge. In view of this, you can approach the concerned officer and it is up to him to take a call in this regard.

    Moreover, it may also be pointed out that a person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Pendency of a criminal trial does not mean that the person facing that trial is already guilty. However, depending upon the nature of the pending case, and also on the type of evidence available, others may draw their own subjective opinions.     

    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments

[Note: These Facebook Comments are not monitored by Forum Editor. Hence, they may not be replied to. If you want to ask a free legal question, click here.]