420,468 Fir has been registered on me in 2015 But still police didnot arrest m

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law 420,468 Fir has been registered on me in 2015 But still police didnot arrest m

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

420,468 Fir has been registered against myself but still neighter police arrest me nor produced before court. Already 1 year has been passed. My question is if no perfect evidence are available so why police registered FIR and seized my account. According us if no proof are availble against accused so how can police directly registered FIR.

Kindly guide me.

It is not mandatory to arrest the accused person in a case. Rather you should feel happy that the police has not arrested you.

FIR is registered on the basis of the complaint given to police that discloses commission of a cognizable offence. At that stage, evidence is yet to be collected. It is only after completion of the investigation that it can be decided by police whether the evidence is sufficient to charge sheet the accused. So, wait till completion of the investigation.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.